Sunday, August 25, 2013


Lauren has a unique personality. She has a way of saying things that make me stop, listen, smile often. Here are just three examples. 


Lauren was on the phone with Kourtney. They were discussing Lauren's jewelry business. Lauren always gets Kourtney to talk about her jewelry business. She has an interesting business acumen. She's a great salesperson.  Lauren is always coming up with ideas for her business, sometimes these ideas don't even pertain to her business or make much sense.  Kourtney is living in US St. John's as an archaeologist.  Lauren says to Kourtney " Kourtney if you could collect shells and send them to me, I can carve them to make jewelry! Don't you think that's a great idea!" I don't know what Kourtney's answer was but after they hung up Lauren came into the living room where I was on the couch. She didn't start talking to me directly at first, it was just a statement in general. "I think this the ticket to my career; Kourtney lives in the tropics!! This is my ticket to a great career don't you think Ma?!" she say's excitedly.

Another time Chyna and I are sitting on the couch,  Lauren is talking to no one in particular again "I'm talented, I'm really talented. I looked at Chyna and she is looking at me seemingly saying " well if you say so." Chyna is our dog, she is an adorable shih tzu.


 Lauren and I were discussing her living with Phillip. I personally do not think it is a good idea. She has more stability at home during the week. She spends the entire weekend with him, they go out to eat, they stay up late, they stay in bed all morning. They have a wonderful time together. I'm not against her freedom, I'm afraid of her forgetting to take her meds and such.  At home she has consistency. Anyway,
I didn't tell her how I felt, instead, i said "we'll see, maybe one day." She seemed to be satisfied with that answer and a few minutes went by and out of the blue she said " If i live with Phillip, I don't want to pay a left hand and foot for my website".  Lauren has a web site, she sells her hand made jewelry on line. I took the statement to mean she didn't want to pay and arm and a  leg. 

No comments:

Post a Comment